Download This Sample
This sample is exclusively for KidsKonnect members!
To download this worksheet, click the button below to signup for free (it only takes a minute) and you'll be brought right back to this page to start the download!
Sign Me Up
An eclipse is an astronomical event. It is a process that develops slowly across time when one object in the sky moves into the shadow of another such object. The term eclipse is most often used to describe a solar eclipse, when the Moon’s shadow crosses the Earth’s surface, or a lunar eclipse, when the Moon moves into the shadow of Earth.
See the fact file below for more information about eclipses or alternatively download our comprehensive worksheet pack to utilise within the classroom or home environment.
- A lunar eclipse occurs when the moon passes behind the earth so that the earth blocks the sun’s rays from striking the moon.
- A solar eclipse occurs when the Moon passes between the Sun and the Earth, and the Moon fully or partially covers the Sun as viewed from some locations on Earth.
- A Solar eclipse always occurs two weeks before or after a lunar eclipse.
- Lunar eclipses can only occur during a full moon. Solar eclipses can only occur during a new moon.
- Eclipses very often occur in threes, alternating lunar, solar and lunar.
- The maximum time a lunar eclipse can last is 3 hours and 40 minutes. The maximum time for a total solar eclipse is 7 minutes and 40 seconds.
- Lunar eclipses can occur up to 3 times a year. Solar eclipses can occur at least 2 and no more than 5 times a year.
- Lunar eclipses are visible over an entire hemisphere. Solar eclipses are visible in a narrow path a maximum of 167 miles wide.
- The cycle of eclipses repeats every 18.6 years called the saros.
- The eclipse shadow moves at 2,000 mph at the Earth’s poles and 1,000 mph at the Earth’s equator. 蜜芽国产在线精品欧美最新章节 蜜芽国产在线精品欧美 蜜芽国产在线精品欧美最新章节 蜜芽国产在线精品欧美 ,韩三千每天只更新三章最新章节免费阅读 韩三千每天只 韩三千每天只更新三章最新章节免费阅读 韩三千每天只
This bundle contains 10 ready-to-use Eclipse Worksheets that are perfect for students who want to learn more about an eclipse which is an astronomical event. It is a process that develops slowly across time when one object in the sky moves into the shadow of another such object.
Download includes the following worksheets:
- Eclipse Facts
- The Sun and the Moon
- Quick Quiz
- Ancient Astronomy
- The Solar Eclipse
- Define and Match
- Coloring the Skies
- Check you Calendar
- Safety Reminders
- Myths During Eclipse
- Word Creator
- The Lunar Eclipse
- Define the Pictures
- Selenelion Phenomena
- Lunar Eclipse in Culture
- Effects of Lunar Eclipse
- Moon Poetry
- Universal Eclipse
- Planets and Eclipse
Link/cite this page
If you reference any of the content on this page on your own website, please use the code below to cite this page as the original source.
Link will appear as Eclipse Facts & Worksheets: /a> - KidsKonnect, August 16, 2017
Use With Any Curriculum
These worksheets have been specifically designed for use with any international curriculum. You can use these worksheets as-is, or edit them using Google Slides to make them more specific to your own student ability levels and curriculum standards.